Sunday, November 20, 2016

Day 20: The First Time I Was In a Video


Recording yourself is fine. What's a pain is watching your own self in a replay! After pondering for over a year I took the plunge this year. With the support of an amazing team and their brilliant ideas, we shot the above video. I faced the camera for the first time. And it was NOT easy!

What made it harder was that it did not have any words! I'm a communication trainer and no words!! But's that was the challenge I had to rise up to I guess. Another reason why this video was conceived differently was to draw attention of people so they'd watch it and learn about coaching. It was a hot day in June and the humidity in Mumbai was at its best. We had to switch off the air conditioners during the actual take for audio quality. The entire team had to brave through the time I took to get it right. But they were supportive and let me do it at my own pace. There were multiple shots but I finally did it!

The video has the basics of coaching explained. Coaching - as opposed to popularly understood as coaching in sports - is a non-judgemental, advice free zone to help you achieve your goals through open-ended questions. This video talks about how 5 basic questions can help you gain clarity in your goals and keep you on track to achieve them. A coach help you, week after week, in making new action plans that gets the going on your goals.

What do you think about this? Do watch the others that we shot after this on YouTube channel of Soft Skills Studio and tell me what you think. I'd love to hear from you.

This post is a part of #NaBloPoMo which stands for National Blog Posting Month hosted by BlogHer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Help books: How Much So They Help The Self?

 I just finished reading The ONE Thing - a book that tells you how focussing on that one critical thing - on thing at a time - you can achie...